Our Rehabilitation Services
Same Employer Services (Physical and Psychological Injuries)
We support our clients to recover physically and mentally from their injury or illness and manage every aspect of their return to work journey with their employer. We collaborate with all stakeholders involved in our client’s return to work plan, which includes assessing their capacity for the work they will return to and their workplace to make their return as seamless as possible.
Our Same Employer Services include:
New Employer Services (Physical and Psychological Injuries)
When injuries occur that make it difficult for our clients to return to their previous place of employment or role, we work with them to create new vocational plans to support their return to work in a new role or with a new employer. We assess their physical and cognitive capabilities, their interests, educational and employment background, and skills, to support them through the process including facilitating work placements and trials.
Our New Employer Services include:
Life Claims and Veterans Services
For many people, the work they have performed has had long term impacts on their health and wellbeing. Our team works with such individuals, including veterans of the armed services, to rehabilitate them from physical and psychological injuries and support improvements in their life and wellbeing.
Our services include:
- Holistic initial assessment and interview
- Person-centred goal setting
- Rehabilitation, recovery and return to independence programs
- Individual health coaching and education
- Exercise physiology
- Psychological counselling
- Trauma / PTSD management
Depending on an individual’s need we may include in their program:
- A vocational assessment with FuturePathwaysTM (a digital platform that guides vocational direction to sustain long term employment)
- Rehabilitation and career counselling
- Job seeking education and coaching
- Job placement and work trials
- Return to work plans
Lifetime Care and Support/Complex/Severe Claims
Depending on the insurance scheme or state in which a motor vehicle or workplace accident occurs, those who have suffered a severe or complex lifelong injury may be eligible for lifetime care and support.
Our experienced occupational therapists work with those who meet the eligibility criteria for lifelong care and support, as well as individuals working through long term complex and severe claims from injury. These services aim to help those who have suffered a severe or complex injury to increase their independence and improve their ability to participate in their life and community.
Depending on each scheme, these services may include:
- Assessment to determine ongoing needs including equipment and support services.
- Rehabilitation, such as physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
- Provision of aids and equipment, such as wheelchairs.
- Home and vehicle modifications.
- Identification of need for care services such as domestic services, home and garden maintenance and assistance with personal care.
- Support to return to study or work.
Why choose Altius Group for your Rehabilitation Services?
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve been catastrophically injured in a road accident you may be eligible for lifetime care and support. The schemes are run state by state and are a no-fault insurance funded by a levy on green slips (Compulsory Third Party Insurance). It is best to contact your state government scheme for further information:
NSW: Lifetime Care and Support Scheme – run by iCare Lifetime Care
ACT: Lifetime Care and Support Scheme – run by ACT Treasury
SA: Lifetime Support Scheme – run by Lifetime Support Authority
WA: Catastrophic Injuries Support – run by The Insurance Commission of Western Australia
QLD: The National Injury Insurance Scheme Queensland (NIISQ)
VIC: Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
NT: Motor Accidents Compensation Scheme – run by TIO
TAS: Motor Accidents Insurance Board (MAIB)