Our Employee Assistance Program Services
Psychological Support and Counselling
Our psychological support and counselling service provides vital and confidential support to improve the mental health, resilience, and wellbeing of individuals.
In addition to other personal or work-related issues, we can help with a wide range of issues people face at work or at home, such as depression, anxiety, stress, family or relationship problems, children's and adolescents' mental health, work-related issues (like bullying, conflict, and redundancy), alcohol or other substance use problems, grief and loss, trauma, and other issues.
All sessions are conducted by psychologists or relevant professionals and can be face-to-face, online or via phone using a friendly, caring approach that focuses on practical solutions.
Benefits of providing employees access to psychological counselling and support:
- Saves employees from having to wait a long time for an appointment at a general practitioner's office in search of a psychologist or other certified mental health professional. Many may find it too tough and time-consuming, so they proceed alone.
- Enables employees to access psychological and counselling service sooner, which may reduce the likelihood of longer-term poor mental health outcomes.
- Supports employee engagement and retention and reduces psychosocial risk in the workplace.
Employers may also arrange for us to carry out Welfare Checks with employees for whom they have concerns, whether this is following a Critical Incident, or other stressors. This can be important in determining what additional support their employees may need in moments of crisis.
Manager Assistance Program (MAP)
Managers experience new challenges daily and may have to make difficult decisions that affect their employees. Our Manager Assistance Program (MAP) assists workplace managers and supervisors deal with issues such as concerns about an employee’s fitness for work, organisational change, managing difficult behaviours, workload, poor mental health, stress management and more. Our senior psychologists provide friendly and caring support focused on providing practical solutions.
Appointments are available at short notice to provide managers/supervisors with the advice they need to respond to an issue. We get to know our clients and the culture of the organisation so we can ensure the advice is tailored for every client.
Our Manager Assistance Program:
- Can provide managers with confidence, peace of mind, and enhanced leadership skills. All these attributes support the manager and their current and future staff.
- Is delivered by our senior psychologists experienced in supporting a positive organisational culture.
- Educates managers on the key attributes shared by successful people managers.
- Offers guidance on how managers can best support teams by providing a safe working environment, communicating effectively, monitoring the health and welfare of their team, addressing performance issues appropriately, and operating within your organisations’ WHS/OHS policies.
Prevention is always better than the cure. When an organisation supports the wellbeing of their employees, they are investing in their future health and happiness. Employees are impacted by a range of difficulties that can affect their mental and/or physical health. Having access to a wellbeing program, can provide encouragement or knowledge to improve their situation.
Some of the most common factors that impact a person’s wellbeing include physical issues, poor nutrition, financial concerns or legal matters. Providing advice on a personal matter can pay dividends in terms of loyalty to the organisation and positive word of mouth.
Altius Group wellbeing support:
- Is based on a holistic approach to wellbeing.
- Draws on the combined skills and knowledge of our allied health professionals with diverse backgrounds across psychology, physiotherapy, exercise physiology and rehabilitation.
- Is always tailored to meet the concerns and goals of the individual.